Unity and Game Development links (June 24th 2019)
Sykoo made a video about the Buried Memories Volume 2: Serekh (Buried Memories: Serekh – New HDRP Asset Pack for Unity! (Overview)).
- Jean-Christophe Cimetiere wrote a post about how to use Unity as a library inside other apps (Add features powered by Unity to native mobile apps).
Unity 2019.3 will add support for using Unity as a library controlled by native Android/Java and iOS/Objective C apps so you can easily insert AR and other Unity features.
- Egor Bogatov created a GitHub repository with a sample Xamarin app using Unity as a library (XamarinWithUnityApp).
You can now easily add a Unity scene (e.g. ARCore scene) to any native or Xamarin app via .aar file.
- Jacob Shriar posted about a survey that Unity made with 1000 creatives within advertising and marketing about AR (Creative professionals are struggling to implement augmented reality).
In anticipation for Cannes this year, we surveyed 1000 creatives within advertising and marketing to gauge a better understanding on their comfort level, technical competency, and enthusiasm towards AR, including what it means for the future of storytelling. And what we found was very telling
Harry Alisavakis, released another tutorial in his series
VFX Master Shader(My take on shaders: VFX Master Shader (Part II)).
- Nick Davis wrote about how automotive companies are leveraging real-time 3D to reduce costs and accelerate development (How real-time 3D is changing every industry).
Real-time 3D is changing everything, in much deeper ways than most people realize. Forged in gaming, this technology continues to transform the way games are created, operated and monetized. Its impact now also extends to industries of all kinds, from film to automotive.
- Seth Barton made a post about how HDRP is taking next-gen graphics to a new level (In the pipeline: Unity’s HDRP brings next-gen graphics to the world’s most-used game engine).
What do System Shock 3, Oddworld: Soulstorm and Harold Halibut have in common? Well, all of these incredible-looking upcoming titles are built on Unity, and more specifically will utilise Unity’s upcoming High Definition Render Pipeline or HDRP for short.
- Caitlin W and Macy Mills wrote a post about the new Unity’s
Verified Solutions Partners(Unity’s new partnerships bring verified solutions to developers across industries).
Verified Solutions Partners represent a collection of 3rd-party SDKs, plugins, editor applications, cloud services, and more that enable the success of your project while ensuring deeper technical alignment with partners’ products and services to ensure 0% developer downtime. Partners accepted into the program go through a verification process to ensure their SDK or software is optimized for the latest version of Unity.
Elena Nizhnik released a new
Community Componentpost, highlighting some games, posts, videos and tools (Community Component – audio design, pixel games, custom tools and Best of Made with Unity on YouTube).
Sykoo again, now with a timelapse level design video (LEVEL DESIGN IN UNITY! - Village & Castle Scene (Timelapse)).
- Brackeys made a video about the new Terrain System in Unity (How to make Terrain in Unity!).